Blog purpose and direction

So i just started my new job as my company's "sharepoint guru" which so far involves administration, supporting, designing, redesigning of all of their sharepoint sites and infopath forms... which happens to span 3 different versions of sharepoint right now.

You heard me right, from STS to MOSS, they have sites running on them all, and the plan is to have me negotate, migrate, and set up all of the old systems to play nice on MOSS.

This is about when i should mention that i dont have previous sharepoint experince, or infopath. I do have a decade+ of webdevelopment experince as a part-time thing, but i have always stayed an arms length from microsoft products. And i am really starting to understand why as i start this long journey.

As i fumble and trip my way through sharepoint administration and yes, migration, i will update this blog in hopes that people who run into the same head-against-wall moments i have had allready, can side step them, and keep moving forward.

My next few blogs will be on the issues I am allready tackling:
  1. A WSS 2.0 single sharepoint site migration to an exsisting MOSS server farm, a real step-by-step type of instruction.
  2. A nasty issue i have allready been presented with the moss server's crawler not indexing one site that was converted over a long time ago, worked fine for a long time, and now broke in the past week. Technet hasn't really helped me much here
  3. Infopath! My anylisys of microsofts mind-boggling choices when it comes to infopath web services and what our choices were for it.
Ya i know, it's only been two weeks and i allready have a ton to blog on about issues that just took me too long to look up by themselves. Hopefully i can save other people their valueable time.. and hair looking for the answers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CI Build broke after nugit update

Sharepoint 2007 - Access Denied when you try to edit

Project 2010 and Project Pro 2007